Saturday, June 11, 2011

Chances.

To be honest, It's hard to find words to write down for several reasons- 1) I'm not physically in Spain yet 2) This hasn't really set in yet 3) It's a dream thats almost here- so surreal. SURREAL- thats a good word. Dictionary. com: 3 meanings- thats a good sign. 


— adj
1.suggestive of surrealism; dreamlike.





Dreamlike. How many times can I say that until I overuse it because I think I've already use it one way too many, I just don't know what other word describes this feeling or vision more perfectly.

What a wonderful day it's already been. I woke up by 7:30- Probably the earliest I have woken up all summer long and actually started being productive at that hour. I don't know why so early because usually I can sleep til 1 or 2 pm, ESPECIALLY in Dallas at my cousins’ house, but that was not the case this time. Lately I’ve been waking up decently early everyday for like the last 4 or 5 days and going to bed kind of laterish if that even makes sense. I started writing a new blog while listening to some good ol Dave Matthews pandora and cuddled slightly with my aunt Jeanne while my wonderful cousin Betsy made muffins for breakfast- Lemon poppy seed mmmm so good! From there I did some more dilly dallying around the house, took a shower, which felt so nice, and got ready for the day! My dad and grandfather came over and of course we all listened to some classic stories of the 'Paine Clan' growing up back then. CLASSIC. Aunt Jeanne and Betsy took me out to get my toes and nails did at this amazing nail salon in Dallas called upscale nails. My lady didn't really speak english but that didn't matter because the inside of this place was gorgeous and I was completely fascinated by it. I'm telling you like no normal salon here- the inside was huge with about 50 pedicure chairs and these two extremely large nail tables so that about 15 customers could sit down at one and get their nails done, I’d have to say over 25 employees worked there, large flat screen TV’s on the walls, every color nail polish, we didn't have to be cramped while waiting but instead were seated right away in our pedi chairs, they served wine, margaritas, all kinds of stuff, but most importantly the best part and my absolute favorite part was the super relaxing back massager in the chairs that was on ALL while we waited to be worked on, throughout the mani/pedi, and while we were drying- straight up amazing. About an hour later, lilac purple toes and a neutral pink color nails and all, we were walking out that door feeling spoiled to the max. 
We stopped by Marshalls then off to a bakery/cafe called Celebrity. If you're ever in Dallas you must go there and order their cranberry chicken salad on rye bread- delicious. The place is so super girlie with pink everywhere inside, even the straws. A couple stops later and last minute list check offs we we're back home getting ready for our father's day/birthday’s/family celebration. Cooked bbq chicken with corn and green chiles dish with homemade potato salad, beans, oriental salad, and of course the sweets. Needless to say it was a perfect pre-birthday and the countdown til Spain is almost officially over! Can’t wait for tomorrow- it’s going to be the start of an amazing adventure and the best birthday present ever. Much love! Xoxo




Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
- Helen Keller

No comments:

Post a Comment