Saturday, June 25, 2011

Keep it REAL.

It’s the second day with our classmates in Sevilla and breakfast is first on my list. Up by 9:30, I was ready to go. I mean who doesn’t like free breakfast anyways? A nice plate of eggs, fruit, yogurt, kiwi juice, and nutella bread was surly able to get me going.

Today we headed for a walking “tour” of Sevilla with our instructors and then to the largest Gothic Cathedral in the world- yes, in Sevilla- who knew? I guess this place is full of monuments I had no idea about of have ever even heard about before. Found the shopping district of Sevilla- not like I'm really going to utilize that except for with my eyes- and headed to the Cathedral.

This Cathedral was definitely unique inside. I would have to say that the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona out did this Gothic Cathedral by a good amount but that’s just my opinion. To me, Sagrada Familia had so much detail and effort carved into every inch of the Cathedral and so much history of God’s word and story inscribed within the picture, figures, and monuments carved into each wall- still so amazing to me. 

No wonder it too over 40 years. Here at this Gothic Cathedral- it was more of a museum with Gold/Silver artifacts and stories of the history of Sevilla and what not. Although the irrigation system in the “orange court” was muy interesante because way back then they somehow fixed the system to where the water would come from the fountains and run through these ditches to reach every tree in order to supply it water- so smarty pants for back then. Got to see a statue of the Sacred Heart- Dad you'd love it- even took a picture. Also went up the bell tower and took a view of the city- AFTER WALKING UP 34 FLIGHTS- and on the way down even did the Bernie hahah it was CLASSIC.








If any of you think it’s hot in TEXAS, come to Sevilla in late June almost July and then tell me what you think. IT’S HOT. Like 120 degrees hot. You walk outside for 5 minutes and you’re already dying. I never though I’d see the day when I’d buy a hand fan and be one of those people that walk around with it out fanning themselves, but I broke down, gave in, and bought one- it is a NECESSITY here. Thank God the TTU center has AC.

Hotel for lunch- we ate salad and seafood paella- the shrimp they gave us were whole shrimp, eyes and everything. Siesta- we hit up the El Corte Ingles- our favorite store- for a couple items including Epsom salt- told you I would nail that- pure alcohol, and band aids for my clumsy mistake and Neosporin for the healing.

After 20 min of walking there and back, we had to walk another 15 minutes to the center in order to complete orientation along with our first lesson. This month of school is going to be EXTREMELY intensive- we start Monday and we already have a quiz Tuesday and a project due Friday. Looks like ill be studying more than I thought. Don’t worry Dad I didn’t forget my 3 BS-es. Be Safe, Be Smart, Be STUDIOUS- that’s for sure.

Exhausted from the day I hit the bed at 7 not feeling too hot- ever since I’ve been in Spain I haven’t felt very good, it sucks and is kinda weird- my mom thinks I’m gonna get the Bird Flu haha but I don’t think that’s the case, although I could be wrong who knows- and didn’t wake up until 11pm- and YES I even skipped dinner which is unusual.

Now I'm completely ready for bed- blogged and all- about to see if falling back asleep is possible. I still don’t eel good and we meet our families tomorrow so I'm hoping I can get a good nights rest and whatnot and possibly start to feeling better before tomorrow. Keep it REAL- much love.

Standing in the inspiring vision of my future, 
I boldly take every step - large and small - with courage and intent.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

No comments:

Post a Comment