Thursday, June 16, 2011

Laugh a little bit.

I laughed all night last night. Have you ever done that? Do you know how good that feels? I LOVE laughing all the time- in fact I do laugh majority of the time about everything just because I’m a giddy person. If you don’t usually laugh during the day I would advise you to try it sometime because the warm feeling and happiness you get out of it I think is worth something.

It’s the end of the first day in Valencia and I am dying of heat in our hostel room. They don’t believe in air condition here- man were we spoiled in Madrid, had that baby cranked to like 16 degrees Celsius every night for bed and during siesta and for whenever we wanted it to be that cold because we could. Now we have to sit in this miserably hot hostel room on the 6th floor with only a window open that doesn’t provide much breeze in a sports bra and undies. YES- it’s that hot.

Honestly I have no idea how I’m still running right now considering I really haven’t gone to sleep yet but hey you only live once as I said before.  Getting everything situated for the train station today was a little bit stressful but we somehow figured it out like we always do and successfully made it to VALENCIA! I was suppose to sit in a different coach than Candra on the train ride to Valencia today but thank God no one sat in the seat next to her so I got to just stay there the whole ride- which wasn’t bad at all. Just when I started drifting though we were here so that nappage didn’t work very well. Ate lunch within the train station since we had to wait 2 hours for our hostel anyways and attracted some interesting people. Sometimes I feel like I have three heads on my shoulders or something because the way people look at us is a bit ridiculous at times. My exact thoughts: Have you never seen an American before? Is it that out of place weird that Americans are in your country or is there just something on my face? Haha its SOO bad, and sometimes uncomfortable. I just feel bad for Candra because she’s the one with blonde hair over here attracting all the attention and usually I can get by without anyone saying that many words.

Took a taxi to our hostel and this nice little guido jersey shore looking taxi driver only charged us 4 euros instead of taking every outside route to make double than that. He was such a punkin! He was telling us about all these places that we could go to eat and what not and how to get to the beach and on and on- we tipped him well. Checked into our new hostel successfully and headed out the door to find the bus to the beach. That only took 10 min and about half my pride in stupidity but that’s okay haha we learned something new. Just like that saying goes you learn something new everyday- well I feel like I really do every day, it’s pretty spiffy. Found the beach and oh man were we in for a surprise. The motto for this trip: what the hell did we get ourselves into. TOPLESS BEACHES DO REALLY EXIST IN SPAIN. And it’s so normal and natural for them to just walk around topless like no big deal! Do you know how uncomfortable I would feel doing that?! OH MAN- I would be so uncomfortable the whole time haha. But it’s still a really nonchalant beach. Everyone is so laid back and there’s every type of person there. Mostly kids our age, which is even better because that only means Candra and I can make some more friends to add to our list! Met some French boys today who also spoke fluent Spanish- thought about you and Romain, Cassandra. They were trying to help us out on what activities there were to do and what not BUT it was a little more challenging with them. Also ran into some more Americans studying abroad here haha- totally picked them out wearing new balance and southern proper- what frat daddies.

After 6 hours and a good in and out nap for an hour or so we were ready to get that sand off our bodies. Showered up and out for dinner we explored the city a bit- or just got lost a couple times, it’s all the same. Got some gelato after dinner that was not half bad and found our way back to the hostel to settle down. Its been a long day and I think a slight moody one at that but that’s most likely due to lack of sleep- it’s so worth it though. To finish, I’m gonna hit the hay before I get my butt chewed any more but I’m excited to see what tomorrow brings again and hopefully I can make it through the night without waking up too many time because of the heat! Do something nice for someone tomorrow- even if it’s just holding the door. It takes just a simple two seconds to go out of your way to do something nice for someone else and you never know how much that is going to impact or influence their day. Think about it.

Actions speak louder than words.
- Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment