Friday, June 10, 2011

A Dream of a Lifetime.

It's way past midnight and I still have not made any progress on actually packing- the one thing I was suppose to be doing all week yet have managed to somehow find my way out of doing it ALL WEEK. I cannot believe I leave tomorrow for Dallas and in 3 days for ESPAÑA! You know when you wait a lifetime for something that means so much and it finally happens you're like in shock?.. whelp that's definitely me at this moment. Oh how beautiful life really is, I am so beyond excited to experience the world and travel and JUST BE. It's going to be one heck of an experience and I think I'm actually ready to take it on- scratch that, I know I am. I am by far the worst writer you will probably ever meet in your entire life, but I think it's important to record your dreams and this is most definitely one of the greatest dreams I've ever imagined in this head of mine, so this is my attempt. 


My week has been filled with so much activity it's almost overwhelming, but staying busy keeps me sane so in a way I'm thankful. My summer has been so good so far- consisting really of just working and hanging out with my family and friends. And although my REAL summer is about to begin, I really am going to miss my home summer while I'm in Spain and all the friends and family that mean so much that I don't ever get to see enough of. Good thing there's skype - apaine3. Today I woke up early in hopes of getting things done around the house before going to the river with a bunch of my random friends but instead made katie p an omelet to get her out of bed.... just after brandi baby came over with a fresh bag of doughnut holes that did the trick pretty quick. Let me just say that having a wide variety of friends is so amazing because it NEVER gets boring and that a car ride down to the comal river for an early birthday celebration with a variety of random friends is far past entertaining. If there's one thing I really enjoy eating, it's sushi. Thank you mom and dad for taking me to Mamijis Sushi for dinner- it was delicious. German chocolate cake is ALWAYS the perfect ending to a birthday celebration- I've only been begging for a german chocolate birthday cake for mmmm almost 12 months now. I have so much to do in so little time, one including sleep! 


It's the simple things in life that mean the most though- like laying in bed with your best friends, or writing your thoughts down on paper to create a poem, or sitting on top of a jeep in good company just because you can, or watching the stars at night because it's so peaceful, or chillaxing to music because it soothes your soul, or just talking to God, or attempting to teach yourself to play the guitar and having some success, or riding with the windows down to feel the air on your face, or laying out by the pool because you have the most horrendous lifeguard tan lines, or country dancing until you can't feel your legs anymore - dancing in general, or laughing so hard your gain a 6 pack instantly, or being a completely ridiculous goof because it makes you happy and you just don't care, making others smile, or just being and letting life take you. So I guess I'll be thankful again for this wonderful wonderful day no matter what good or bad happened within it and all the people that made that possible <3, for all the opportunities I am continuously blessed with, along with the ability to dream, to reach for the biggest and best because it's possible if you let it, and leave y'all with this thought of encouragement-




Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
- Sai Baba



Live it to your fullest as cliche as that sounds because seriously it goes by so fast.









No comments:

Post a Comment