Thursday, June 23, 2011

A day of travel.


Well GOOOOOOD MORNING everyone! It is the final departure from our adventure of travel to our destination SEVILLA- guess it looks like its time to study.

Woke up this morning about hmmm 7ish- washed my face real quick- returned my key to the desk- and headed out that hostel door. Off to the street we went to find a Taxi and the headed to the train station. We had a train from Barcelona to Madrid at 9 am to catch and that is slightly early for me considering we have to be up by 7 to make it in time- or to be on the safe side. Successfully made it to the station and on our train. It’s 2.5 hours to Madrid then we have to drag our luggage all the way to the airport to get our other luggage and then back to the train station to catch our next train to Sevilla. I guess we didn’t think that out very well when we were planning our trip because the cost of the cab ride to the airport to get out luggage, the cost of storing the luggage, and then the cost of the cab ride back to the exact same place was a little excessive in expenses but hey it is what it is.

Back at the train station we went through the same processes again of checking in our luggage and whatnot but first had a nice meal at burger king- mmm let me tell you, SO NICE. JOKES. I hate eating nasty but what are you suppose to do when that’s the only thing that exists to eat pretty much in the station? Ordered my chicken strips- after getting yelled at for telling him what I wanted. I swear- people are so rude these days- there is no reason to be rude to a young women who is just trying to give burger king some business sheesh. Hopped on the train and were off to Sevilla. My seat was in coach 8 and Candra’s was in coach 6 but ended up crashing some real important peoples party in coach 7 I think. There was no one sitting in coach 7 so Candra and I decided just to move to coach 7 so we could sit by each other and if someone came then we would just move out of their seats- but that wasn’t the case. We ended getting to ride in silence in this coach pretty much all by ourselves until two other girls came along and sat directly across from us and talked the WHOLE time- they were so loud. I think that the people who reserved the whole coach didn’t really like that because when they walked by to get food they didn’t look like that happiest people- oh well, I was being quiet.

Candra passed out for a good nap and I once again blogged. Its like whenever I get the time to just be and have a chance to blog I want to take it no matter how tired I am because it’s so hard to catch up when you’re behind and you can remember everything fresh.

I put away my computer once it died and passed out myself for a couple of hours. 3 hours later we had arrived in Sevilla and off to the hotel we went! Called for a cab and this lady pulled up to drive us. That is the first time I have seen a woman cab driver- wasn’t exactly fun because she made us lift all of our heavy luggage into the back and was telling us what we could and couldn’t do. Too bad the back of the car didn’t close and she charged us a luggage fee on top of that- I'm just glad my luggage didn’t fall out.
Arrived at the hotel and got situated for a nice relaxing day. Honestly- today hasn’t been that interesting because all we did was travel. Up to 231 we went and cranked that AC on high. Candra passed out again and I continued to blog once my computer was plugged in. Long story short I ended up passing out face down, with the computer up on the bed, still on facebook chat with people, with my headphones in- and Candra got a picture of it. I didn’t realize I passed out so hardcore until I woke up to Candra messing with me haha. Then we went to dinner where I ordered paellas and it was the seafood kind. Problem though- there was broken clamshells all up in my rice and although I'm not picky I was slightly disgusted. Stopped at the super Mercado and grabbed some water, fruit, and breakfast bars. Explored the city just a little after we ate and returned back to the hotel for a nice relaxing night.

Skyped my parents after waiting for 2 hours and now I am just laying in bed getting ready to fall asleep. I think tonight I’m actually going to be the one to pass out first- I must be so exhausted from these past 10 days because I'm about to be out. Candra FINALLY blogged her trip so far today and man was she just going for it- seriously was typing for a couple hours. I’m so excited to meet everyone tomorrow and I hope we get to have class with some real cool people!

Don’t ever second guess doing the right thing- It doesn’t matter who or what the situation is and be sure to stick up for others when the world is falling down on them or they just need a hand. You don’t have to know the people you stick up for but believe me, they’ll want to know you.  It’s nice to know someone cares. It’s even nicer to know people still believe in doing the right thing. Think about it.

May the world be kind to you, and may your own thoughts be gentle upon yourself.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

No comments:

Post a Comment