Friday, June 24, 2011

New Beginnings.

After waking up at 12 instead of 3 pm as planned- I threw on my running shoes with Candra and hit the streets of Sevilla for a nice 30 min run. Can’t wait to do this EVERYDAY for the next 5 weeks!
Today is the first day I get to meet all the new classmates and that’s exactly what I did. After running for 30 min around town and getting back to the hotel nice and sweaty from the extreme heat- I hit the shower while Candra napped and then headed out the door- of course after Candra had showered and what not as well- for a quick lunch before orientation. It is seriously going to be SO hot this summer- I can’t even sit outside for lunch without being so hot for more than 15 min.

Met everyone for orientation and let me tell you how small of a world it really is. My roommate last year her dorm roommate freshman year is here- that I know- and then on that same note a girl she when to high school with that I’ve met a couple times through her is also here. WEIRD. Right off the bat we set the mood as an upbeat atmosphere and talked about everything while we waited for our teacher to get here. This summer is also going to be so fantastic- already have laughed so much and it’s only been the first day- many memories to come. After we left the hotel we headed for the school- about a 10 min walk. I love how you can almost walk to anything here- going to have some TONEEE legs by the end of this trip.

Once we reached the destination of the school- after we got asked by 13 year olds to buy them cigarettes- which we didn’t- we toured the many classrooms within that building. Haha there’s only like 4 classrooms but there’s no hallways so in the future we either have to use the front or back door depending where our class is.

Sat down for our orientation- which was pretty much just a reminder of everything we have already learned- were handed our school keys, got our insurance cards- which I totally could have used 10 days ago when I was sick so I didn’t have to pay 60 euros- a BIG map of the city, found out who we were living with- which of course Candra and I are living together thank God- and found out what class we were going to be in- which Candra and I are not in together.

Dinnertime is at 8 so we chilled out for 15 min or so after walking home from school. Ate an interesting dinner of gazpacho, pork, and flan- pretty delicious I must say. I’m proud of Candra because she’s trying most things, which is a big step for her.

Now I'm lying in bed after a long day- pretty run down- and about to pass out for a good nights rest. I haven’t been feeling too hot lately so sleeping is probably the one thing I should do. Got another long day ahead of me tomorrow with A LOT of walking so being fully rested is smart.

Don’t let the little things in life bother you- instead pick yourself up and move on to what’s important to you. If it’s your dream- then accomplish and live it. No matter what happens- do your own thing. And when times get hard- open your bible and submerge yourself in the word.

The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.
- Jonathan Lockwood Huie

No comments:

Post a Comment